Friday, August 3, 2007

Switzerland in under 24 hours!

This should be a quickie. Yep, Geneva in under 24 hours. Basically, we went there to do a geocache and get that country off our list. We got in late at night and headed right down to the main area to do a webcam geocache. We called Jess' family and they watched us and talked to us while we were on the webcam. Then we called my parents who were on their way out but stopped to watch us on the webcam. Pretty cool - it was in real time so it was kinda like a video conference except that we couldn't see them.

We headed back and went to sleep. Got up and walked down to the same area and it was pretty sweet. There's a fountain in the middle of the lake that shoot like 143 m high - behind it, are one set of snow capped mountains. They were awesome and made me want to stay and explore the countryside. We went to a cathedral that had an archeological site which was pretty sweet because they had stone from the first century. All of the stone was marked so that you know which century it was from. I went up in the tower and took some cool shots of the city. There was a Lutheran cathedral where Martin Luther used to preach but we didn't go see that. Saw where they held the Geneva Convention and then grabbed a steak sandwich - of course some cracked out lady has to try to get some dough from me, telling me a story about how she was out with her friends and she thinks someone either stole her money or she lost it and she needs to get a train to somehwere...bitch, I'm from NY, do I look stupid? Even better - do I look like I care?

We ate lunch - banged out our postcards and headed to the train station to get to the airport. Off to the Fatherland!

No comments: