Friday, July 13, 2007

Sevilla, synonym for Grenada - Spanish for - it´s friggin´hot!

So, the next morning wasn´t too happening. We were both pretty hurting and we basically took our time getting up and decided that the 8 am bus was no good, so we took the 10. I kinda manipulated that situation but honestly, I didn´t feel much like moving.

We took the three hour bus ride and got to Sevilla. It was freaking hotter than Grenada. No wonder people smell. Shit, even I was wearing the same clothes - though, I did use deodorant, unlike some people (not Jess, the locals).

Sevilla, which I kinda planned to be a lame day turned out to be a really good one. I didn´t think there was too much to see but there was. I guess I didn´t read the Let´s Go book too carefully. Turns out there is the world´s largest gothic cathedral (it´s the third largest in the world), a palace that the royal family still uses, a bulfighting ring and flamenco.
We did it all. The palace turned out to be pretty cool because it wasn´t typical gaudy royalty stuff but it left a lot of things looking old and worn down. The gardens were pretty cool. Afterwards we went to tour the bullfighting ring. Unfortunately, there was one the day we were leaving. The tour was interesting, well at least I assume it was. The fucking Spaniards would listen to the Spanish explanation and then talk through the English. So, I´m not really sure of everything I took pictures of but I do know I have the head of a bull who killed a guy. We then shit, I dunno, and it was only yesterday but I know we ate dinner - which was all vegetables and Jess didn´t like and then we went to a bar to see some Flamenco. That was pretty cool. Very different. The guy who tapped his feet and clapped and sang made these ridiculous faces. He looked like Adam Sandler trying to be funny. It was a riot. I couldn´t stop laughing. The dancer was a bit hefty but I guess that´s ok for Flamenco? We went home and hit the sack - the hostel BTW was really cool - very well laid out. The only problem was, there was no hot water for Jess´ shower. There was even less for mine. It really sucked but probably still not as bad as Satan´s Font in Paris. But then again, that was at least hot.

We got up the next morning and hit the Cathedral. It was pretty cool. There was a cool tower that overlooked everything. (Holy shit, we´re in Lisbon and there is going to be a festival I think and the fucking music is so fucking loud right now it´s insane. Holy shit, what the fuck? There was like a float going by the hostel - shit, I wanted to nap, ok they´ve passed). The cathedral - or Cat-eh-dral as the bus driver said and confused the hell out of Jess has like 44 side chapels. But over all it was really nice. Got some good shots. We grabbed some food for lunch and headed back to the hostel to eat and get ready for the 6 no, 7.5 hour bus ride to Lisboa. They´re not very concerned with being on time here.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

synonym, not simile!

a simile is a comparison of two unlike things using like or as...

Neil is as dumb as a rock (for example)

:)

M&D said...

SO, DID YOU LEARN HOW TO DANCE THE FLAMENCO? CHECKED OUT ALHAMBRA. VERY INTERESTING. LOOKED AT MORE OF GAUDI ARCHITECTURE AND AM FINDING IT MORE INTERESTING. VERY INTRICATE AND GAUDY BUT AMAZING. SO, FOOD ANY BETTER? THE HEAT? DO THEY EVEN SELL DEODORANT? :+] KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOW IN MADRID. SHOULD BE BEAUTIFUL. LOVE & MISS YOU BOTH.